As The Retreat continues to respond to this rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic, as always, our first priority is the health and safety of our staff, guests and community. We are closely monitoring updates on COVID-19, and continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations issued by the CDC as the public health community learns more about how this virus is contracted, spread, and most effectively treated.
We understand that more than ever, individuals and families struggling with addiction are in need of resources. The Retreat’s Residential and Evening Programs in Wayzata and St Paul will remain open to offer support and programming - as long as we can do so in a safe and secure manner.
The Retreat has taken the following precautions, in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health recommendations:
- Suspended all non‐essential work‐related travel for Retreat staff
- Suspended all community gatherings at The Retreat
- Instituted screening procedures for staff and current guests
- Enacted screening procedure of all visitors, volunteers and new guests
- Daily disinfectant protocol for all facilities
- Instituted safe distancing requirements for our guests
- Conducted staff training on COVID‐19 and prevention measures
- Educated guests regarding COVID‐19 and prevention measures
- Established a protocol if a suspected or confirmed case of COVID‐19 occurs within the facility
- Daily monitoring of COVID‐19 progression and best practices for prevention
- We have suspended our 55-Plus Program, Family Program, Weekend Spiritual Retreats and all family visiting until further notice.
To our community of staff, guests, families and volunteers, we ask that you take precautions against the spread of coronavirus. Please pay close attention to whether you or those around you are exhibiting signs of any flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, body aches, or shortness of breath and follow CDC guidelines for care.
The Retreat remains vigilant in monitoring how the virus might spread within our community as we watch how the virus unfolds throughout our country. We will communicate additional information as it becomes available.
All of us at The Retreat are doing everything we can to promote a safe and healthy environment during this COVID19 pandemic. As a community we will face this situation together and support one another to stay as safe and healthy as possible during this difficult time.
Information on the COVID-19 situation is evolving rapidly. For the latest updates, visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Please find the latest updates on programming at The Retreat at www.theretreat.org.