RetreatBlogBannerImage.jpg

“Having Had a Spiritual Awakening as the Result of These Steps...”

[fa icon="calendar'] Dec 9, 2015 8:30:00 AM / by Dick Rice posted in Recovery, 12 steps of aa, AA Big Book, 12 Traditions Of AA, Recovery Program

[fa icon="comment"] 1 Comment

Tony DeMello, a great spiritual teacher, used to say that in the spiritual life only three things are necessary:  Awareness, awareness, awareness.”

He might as well have said that all we have to do to live spiritually is, “Wake up, wake up, wake up.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

Adopting Recovery to Keep on the Firing Line of Life.

[fa icon="calendar'] Aug 26, 2015 9:30:00 AM / by John MacDougall posted in alcoholism, Sober Housing, 12 steps of aa, AA Big Book, 12 Traditions Of AA

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

All of us, or nearly all of us, are sober when we read this essay. For us, getting sober is no longer the issue. Staying sober is. Alcoholism and addiction are chronic illnesses, and relapses are common. Staying clean and sober requires an ongoing participation in recovery. The best recovery is in Twelve Step programs. Meetings are good. Step work is better. Working with other alcoholics to help them get sober is best. A.A.’s “Big Book”says "Nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics. It works when other activities fail.” (p.89) I know that  this is true for me.

Letting Go and Following God's Path. Practicing the Third Step of Alcoholics Anonymous.

[fa icon="calendar'] Aug 11, 2015 9:30:00 AM / by Dick Rice posted in alcoholism, 12 steps of aa, AA Big Book, 12 Traditions Of AA, Chemical Dependency

[fa icon="comment"] 2 Comments

The Import of a Word: Some years ago I called the research library of AA International and asked one of the librarians if he knew why Bill W. wrote “turn our will and lives over to the care of God” rather than simply “turn our will and lives over to God” in the third step. He said he would research the question and get back to me soon.

Forgiving Yourself to Start Over in Sobriety.

[fa icon="calendar'] Jun 17, 2015 10:30:00 AM / by Pam Broz posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 steps of aa, 12 Traditions Of AA, Recovery Program, Drugs Adiction

[fa icon="comment"] 1 Comment

Subscribe to Email Updates

New call-to-action

Recent Posts