RetreatBlogBannerImage.jpg

Where is this Spiritual Awakening?

[fa icon="calendar'] Jul 29, 2019 2:13:44 PM / by Kara F posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 steps of aa, AA Big Book, 12 Traditions Of AA, Chemical Dependency

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

“Step 12 says “as a result” of these steps.  It doesn’t say you can work on the steps if and only if you first have a spiritual awakening.  So I needed to start over and work on steps 1-11 first. "

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

For it is in giving that we receive

[fa icon="calendar'] Jul 17, 2019 8:00:00 AM / by Maj Donovan posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, Recovery, AA meetings, 12 steps of aa, Men's Sober Residential, Women's Sober Residential

Every A.A. group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.” (Tradition Seven of the 12 Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous)"

Celebrating My Freedom on Independence Day

[fa icon="calendar'] Jul 3, 2019 2:17:50 PM / by John MacDougall posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, alcoholism, AA meetings, 12 steps of aa, AA Big Book

“What has God done for me, that I could never do for myself? On Independence Day, 2019, I get to celebrate 30 years of continuous sobriety in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous."

Deciding Where to Put my Power

[fa icon="calendar'] Jun 27, 2019 12:29:53 PM / by Sherry Gaugler-Stewart posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, alcoholism, Recovery, 12 steps of aa, Family Sober Support

“Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

- Step 6 from the Al-Anon Family Groups

“God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves”

[fa icon="calendar'] May 15, 2019 9:02:18 AM / by Maj Donovan posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, Sober Housing, 12 steps of aa, 12 Traditions Of AA, Treatment Program

[fa icon="comment"] 4 Comments

There are struggles we will face in sobriety. Getting sober is not a guarantee that life will be void of trouble. On the contrary, life will be life. Life will have its ups and downs, its triumphs and tribulations, its ebb and flow.

The Grouch and The Brainstorm

[fa icon="calendar'] May 1, 2019 7:32:17 AM / by John MacDougall posted in Sober Housing, 12 steps of aa, AA Big Book, Men's Sober Residential, Women's Sober Residential

[fa icon="comment"] 7 Comments

Most weekdays I work at The Retreat as the Spiritual Care Coordinator. Most of the time I am meeting with men and women who have already identified themselves as alcoholics and addicts who need recovery and want recovery, using the Twelve Steps and the Big Book of alcoholics anonymous. They understood that what The Retreat has is a thirty day immersion into the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. What The Retreat does not have is radio, television, computers, cell phones, and much in the way of entertainment. We take people who need recovery, put them with people who have recovery, and let everyone benefit from shared experience.

Hope Starts with “Maybe”

[fa icon="calendar'] Feb 20, 2019 6:00:00 AM / by Sherry Gaugler-Stewart posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, family recovery, 12 steps of aa, Family Sober Support, Alcoholism Treatment Program

“Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

-Step 2 from the Al-Anon Family Groups

ACEs Up the Sleeve

[fa icon="calendar'] Feb 6, 2019 6:00:00 AM / by Maj Donovan posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 step program, 12 steps of aa, Recovery Program, Alcoholism Treatment Program

Powerlessness is not Hopelessness

[fa icon="calendar'] Jan 23, 2019 5:48:56 AM / by Sherry Gaugler-Stewart posted in family recovery, 12 steps of aa, alcohol abuse, Family Sober Support, Recovery Program

Allegory of the River

[fa icon="calendar'] Nov 21, 2018 8:00:00 AM / by Jay R. posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 step program, AA meetings, 12 steps of aa, Recovery Program

When I walked into my first Al-Anon meeting fourteen years ago, life as I knew it was over. I didn’t understand that at the time, and I continued to fight desperately against that reality for quite some time. But, still, it was over. The gift of the 12 Steps of Al-Anon is that the life I have today is SO much better than the life I had planned, and the life I thought I should and could have, if only I fought a little harder, and a little longer.

Subscribe to Email Updates

New call-to-action

Recent Posts