RetreatBlogBannerImage.jpg

Carrying the Message.

[fa icon="calendar'] Jul 19, 2017 9:30:00 AM / by Maj Donovan posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 step program, AA Big Book, Recovery Program, Support Group

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

So you’ve been asked to bring a meeting into a facility. Congratulations! What an honor and privilege it is to be involved in service. As it states on page 89 of the book Alcoholics Anonymous:

“To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends--this is an experience you must not miss.  We know you will not want to miss it.  Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.”

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

To Stay Sober, Stay Involved

[fa icon="calendar'] Jul 25, 2016 9:30:00 AM / by John MacDougall posted in Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 step program, Recovery, AA meetings, Sober Housing

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

On July 18th, I received my 27 year AA medallion at the Summit Hill AA meeting in Saint Paul. It’s a big meeting, about 150 people, but I’ve been there most Monday nights since moving to Saint Paul in 2004. Staying sober over the long term is mostly a matter of relapse prevention, because for us, relapse is natural.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

Subscribe to Email Updates

New call-to-action

Recent Posts